It’s been just over a month since our fearless leader Zlatko returned from the Shopify Unite Conference in Canada.
It was a whirlwind of information, Tweetstorms, networking, and most of all...learning, learning, LEARNING!
Shopify has proven that they are determined to have a long-range view, planning for the growing success of e-commerce on a global scale. Here are a few of his biggest takeaways from that INCREDIBLE weekend:
- Shopify Fulfillment Network is going to be like Amazon Prime for Shopify merchants. This incredible leap forward will be multichannel, offer custom packaging, handle returns and exchanges, and BEST OF ALL: works with merchants of all sizes. Machine learning will quickly discover the most efficient way for goods to get to the customer, allowing merchants to offer lower cost and faster shipping options.
- When switching between themes, merchants can now move their content automatically. YEAH! This is a big boon for efficiency.
- Product pages will now support more types of media, including native 3-D!
- The checkout process has vastly improved. Now, Shopify apps--including subscription products--can follow the user straight through checkout, giving merchants an opportunity to upsell their customers on other awesome items related to their interests.
- For the heavy hitters out there, Shopify Plus has expanded to become more comprehensive, allowing merchants to manage their business at “an organizational level, with greater control and wider visibility across multiple stores — all through a single view."
- To better reflect today’s global market, Shopify vastly improved the international capabilities of its stores. Now, 11 new language capabilities have been introduced: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Malay, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean and Thai.
- Shopify’s Translations API will enable merchants to provide the same consistent shopping experience in multiple languages across products, collections, and blog posts.
- PLUS, with Shopify Payments, merchants can now sell in multiple currencies and get paid in their local currency.
Are you ready to get started with the world’s most popular e-commerce platform? Drop us a line.